10.2.05

TELUS your story...


If you are a TELUS Mobility client and have a story to tell about the unique way in which you use your phone, we'd like to hear from you.

If we're able to use your story, we'll send you a small token of our appreciation. So give us the details of how you use TELUS Mobility, and please don't forget to include your mailing address.



Click here to submit your story.

Need inspiration?

Read what other clients have to say.

Please read the legal terms and conditons before submitting your story.

------------------

Here is my story:

One day, not very long ago, while very busy going about my business, decided to lose my phone in a taxi cab. After a frantic day of trying to trace the misplaced handset, I forgot about the poor thing, and with that I went and bought a spiffy new phone, the Motorola v710.

I was sold on buying the *MOST EXPENSIVE* phone that Telus offered because (and only because) it had Bluetooth. Finally, I had a reason to upgrade my phone - and an excuse to double my phonebill too!

Sadly, this was not to be so. Alas, Telus had decided that after over TWO YEARS of waiting to bring out a Bluetooth phone, it would render it useless. COMPLETELY USELESS. The best reason to jump on the Bluetooth bandwagon is to transfer data - you could use it to synch up your calendar and phonebook for instance, or anything really. It also enable you to do some spiffy things like use a wireless headset or wireless data calls routed through the handset, but those are not of the same utility of syncing data automagically.

After a few phone calls I've discovered that the limits were placed on the phone to increase the use of multimedia messaging. WTF?!!?! that is crazy. You don't go about purchasing a handset for five hundred dollars for the privilege of sending you friends little ten second movies! No, you by the handset because it has Bluetooth. What the handset has is Crippled Bluetooth™ which I'm sure is some form of trademark infringement. 50% Bluetooth™ or Bluetooth-Lite™ might be a better choice.

WTF?!N00BZ!!

But that isn't the end of my story. Nope. I found my brother's ancient handset from 2001 and switched my service to it. I use it for all of the things that I used all of my other handsets for... and now I am counting the days to when my contract expires with Telus.

Telus doesn't get it, and they prob. never will. Think a little long term, kids. Look down the road a little bit further than your next f'ing financial quarter. See that? That is the future, and you are not in it.

Bye!

BTW, I'm blogging this.

-------------------

I don't know what else to say. That is what I sent them. I'm sure that it won't end up on this page. I like really love the story involving the crushed leg. You really get a sense for how the brand is strong with the one called "TELUS".

Brought a tear to my eye, it did.

I failed to mention in the above rant to Telus that after buying their flagship phone, if you do want to synch files you need to purchase a $90.00 cable. So not only do you not have wireless connectivity, you have a costly extra cable to constantly remind you that you are with a pathetically backward telco. And then you will lose it - subconsciously on purpose.

Telus offers only ONE phone with Some-call-it-Bluetooth-Like™ (and another one on the way, they say). At the Eaton Centre in TO you can step out of the Telus store and walk ten metres in any direction and ask the vendor, "Which of these phones has Bluetooth?" and they will point to one or two phones in response, "Those two, they don't have Bluetooth."

WTF?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, I have to commend you for your writing style. I had held off on reading this one 'cuz of it's length, but bravo! It's a gem!

Did they ever reply?

Can we crush your TELUS phone in a sacrificial offering to a time of simpler pleasures? Perhaps create some performance art with said crushing directly outside of the TELUS storefront, in full view of their customoers? I am sure I could rustle up some extras to carry protest signs...

(For the record, my own cel phone is the most bare-bones basic thing you could ever get - no contracts, no colour screen, no fancy ringtones, no camera - tho it does have some pretty schnazzy body-customization thanks to a wee little puppy we like to call Pogo...)

3:35 p.m.  
Blogger Lynn said...

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME ISSUE! I have the V710 and it's utterly useless! I bought the Transflash so i can transfer the files but the ringtone don't let me use the mp3s...i wasted so much money on that useless phone...it makes me so angry! we should petition!

11:12 a.m.  
Blogger Admin said...

Great page! Excellent points! Hope I can get away from my cricket ringtone long enough to come back again! Keep up the great work!
cricket ringtone

4:10 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with the v710 i was excited abotu bluetooth but it iddnt work i thought that i could atleast trnasfer stuff through the data cable and motorola phone tools but they blocked that too then i thought i could through the transflash card so that didnt work so i wasnt money for nothing telus is CHEEP !

10:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home