28.8.04

outsourcing the recursive nightmare

Last week I had Mike spend some time with me between social engagements. It was great to have somebody hanging out that didn't require constant care and feeding. Not that I often have high maintenance people stay over at my condo, but you know. He's a great guy - a stand up, knock down, has your back in a confrontational moment and at the end of it all whip out a witty retort/summation of it it all in a looks-to-easy-to-be-easy kinda great guy. And I think that he'll make one hell of a writer if he holds himself to that course.

The past two weeks have been brutal in their work content. I've had a couple unintentional sleep-overs at the office, a stressful supplier issue, some cool meetings. In all things are great, I just need to get a bit of a break to let the brain activity drop down to the bottom of the gauge.

The last cool meeting was on board the Casita with the boys from work and two clients. A couple hours on a sailboat and I'm totally hooked. Richard said that a sailboat was "a hole in the water that you shovel money into." Very true, but it could be argued that that is a good thing.

The cool meeting before that had to do with meeting Don McKellar while he was attending a meeting at my place of work. He seems like a really great guy. His movie ChildStar is opening at the Toronto Film Festival. Chopper is doing the trailer.

Most of today I hung out in the condo working up the motivation to clean. I found motivation somehow and have finished cleaning. The process, once started was theraputic. The result is pleasing. After noticing I had been playing my iPod for eight hours straight, I decided to give it a break and turned on a station from the netherlands - really not bad, I don't listen to corporate radio here in Toronto, so I can't really compare it. I heard The Streets "Dry Your Eyes" for the first time on this station. The video is pretty good, too. I have no idea of how they are doing in North America, but they are 2 on the UK charts . The mix of tunage has been pleasing enough that I won't go into an angry diatribe about the lack of CBC radio streaming while the olympics is on - damn the IOC and their last century perspectives. Only one more day and the mighty CBC will be back.

Things on my mind:
condo's need for a blog and how I need to get on that really soon. Like last year really soon. The newsletter also needs to be finished.

my vacation itinerary: Toronto->Mtl->Quebec City->Baie St-Paul->Tadousac, after that LA to see Sarah? or NY to be cool? or somewhere else? I don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home